Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat for six (6) hours prior to the appointment. Sips of water may be used to take regular medications or prescriptions given to you by your doctor.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing and a short sleeve shirt.
- Jewelry (such as lip and tongue rings) should be removed prior to coming in for surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Tucker prior to your surgical date for instructions.
If you need to cancel or reschedule your surgery, please give 48 hours notice in order that another patient may use this time. Failure to do so may result in not having the ability to have your surgical appointment rescheduled.